9.24.2012

but then I just smile.

There are just a lot of things that are making me very very very happy right now. 
So.. I'm gonna make a list so someday when I'm grumpy I can remember that not every day is a bad day.

I'm happy
[because] I get to go home again in two and a half months. Maybe sooner. Maybe?
[because] I'm graduating in seven months. Say whaaa?
[because] I have the best roomies ever. Honestly, I don't know how I got so lucky.
[because] I'm going to New York in May to fulfill a lifelong dream of singing in Carnegie Hall. FACT.
[because] mine, Sarah's, and Bailey's mattresses have all been in the living room for almost three weeks now. Best.Decsion.Ever.
[because] someone loves me even when I make stupid mistakes. Which happens a lot.
[because] I have so many wonderful years ahead of me to do so many wonderful things. I think the best is yet to come. =)
[because] this semester isn't so bad. It isn't so bad at all. 
[because] I finally like vegetables. (Except tomatoes. Never.)
[because] I have the best friends. Ever. Karlee, Steph, Kate, and Michelle. Honestly, days and days and days go by and we are all living our separate lives but I love each of these girls with all my heart and I would do anything for them if they asked me to, and I think they feel the same.
[because] my school just decided to give me and my roomies all $2500 for a scholarship. I'm so glad that my roomies make sure I study sometimes.
[because] I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And every single time I make mistakes... Every single time I mess up and get lost, Every.Single.Time. God is there, welcoming me back with open arms. I am so so lucky to have the knowledge that I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
[because] Texas has been good to me. I live in a darling little apartment with wonderful roomies and have the best instructors and am in an amazing educational program helping me get an amazing career and a wonderful little Texas family whom I love with my whole heart. I have a cozy bed and the sun shines even when it's cloudy.
[because] I'm healthy. I am lucky to be as healthy as I am.
[because] happiest girls are the prettiest girls.
[because] being happy is so much more rewarding than being sad.


x

5 comments:

  1. i'm so glad that you're happy.. people need to be more positive now a days! :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg omg omg omg, Cody is almost coming back from his trip??

    where has the time gone?

    sooo fast!

    best of luck, Jane, cannot wait to hear more about when you get to see him again!!

    xoxo - Josabet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josabet-- Yes =) He will be home in the middle of February... but I will be in Texas until April! I can't believe it myself.. the time really has gone so fast. I have to say I am nervous to see what happens but excited at the same time.
      Thanks for your wonderful comments! They always make my day.
      xoxo. Jane.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute. And such a good idea. I should try to think of all the happy things in my life when I'm feeling down :) You are so charming.

    And I just have to tell you, your last comment on my blog made me so happy and I giggled. I love my new nickname! So funny :)

    ReplyDelete

search the blog