6.21.2012

I choose happily ever after, please and thank you.

Sometimes I see everyone's lives as a novel. I'm not sure thats a good thing, but it's just something I do. Sometimes I look at the lives of others and think their lives are perfect full of adventure and self discovery and happy endings. I see people who travel the world living the nomadic life of a gypsy and are tasting the deliciousness of culture for years on end. How incredible. I also see the lives of some living the quietly quaint life of a perfect housewife, baking beautiful cakes and creating beautiful children. Everyones lives are so incredibly different. Each their own kind of plot line. Each their own kind of wonderful. Inevitably, everyone has low points in lives. Turmoil and tumult. I see once ideal lives fall apart from wrong choices or just a round of terrible luck. Sometimes this gets me down, whether it be because I feel lost in my own life or because those I care about seem lost in their own. The other day I was thinking a lot about this, and then I read this quote.

"At any given moment you have the power to say, this is not how the story is going to end."

**Problem is, I don't know who said it. I've seen it a bunch of different places. So to whomever first said these beautiful words, nice work. The credit is all yours.


How lucky are we that at any given moment we can stop and decide that this isn't the right ending for us. Sometimes I've felt like the direction my life is headed has already been decided due to expectations and assumptions. I know {generally} where I want to go and the true long-term goals I have for myself, but just because people assume things are going to happen in a certain way, doesn't mean they have to happen that way. It's really not up to anyone else. I love knowing that even though so many people have certain expectations of me, I can choose how MY story ends. No matter what that ending is, I know it's going to be the happily ever after kind. Those are the best kinds.

I only wish those dear to me would all have this same realization. Just because they have been dealt a lousy hand as of late, doesn't mean there is always time for another round.



Okay I'm stepping off of my soapbox now.

8 comments:

  1. Jane!

    Finally I can reply back :)

    You have done a lovely job with your blog.. Always so simple but yet quite elegant.. That's the best kind.

    I know exactly what you mean. At work when I cash people out.. I try to figure out their life story in those 5 minutes & 20 seconds.. Sometimes I wish I could ask questions.. without it being intrusive.. But since there is no way.. I just refrain from doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose happily ever after too. But sometimes, for some reason life makes it seem impossible to reach. Maybe it's the wrong time? Wrong guy? Wrong situation? Anything & Everything. Can make you think twice. Have you been there? I have. & it's taught me to stop expecting. It's been a tough lesson to learn but I'm doing the best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However.. You chase what your heart desires. No matter how big or how small. If your heart wants it you GO for it. Whatever it may be.. As always I wish you nothing but the best.. I hope everything is going great! & that Cody has been well.. Is it almost time for him to come home? How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize for the million and one comments.. Haha I've got the APP for blogger on my iPod & it's a lot different from my laptop.. Lol but it's convenient on the go.. Be well & take care.. We'll stay in touch.. xoxo - Josabet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and really needed to hear this! Thanks Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jane! I love reading your blog and so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!(http://mattandchrissie11dec.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-award.html) Love Chrissie (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is hard...I liked your blog...glints of hope...

    ReplyDelete

search the blog