baaack to the Rio Grande Valley

I made it. I drove almost 4000km to get here, but I made it.
And I'm alive.
And I never have to make that trip again.. until next year when I go home. No big deal.

I have already learned a few things since I got back this semester.

First. Sarah makes me so very happy and I don't know how I survived a whole month without her.

I'm so lucky to have the roomies that I do. I love both of them.

I miss my mom. She is the best.

People love Canadians for some reason. I tell ya. Whenever I tell an instructor I'm from Canada their eyes light up.. I'm not even kidding. I see a giant A appear in their eye as they start asking me questions about where I'm from and get all excited if I know the places they have visited.
Good thing I was voted "Teachers Pet" in my graduating class in HS.
It's embarrassing, but whatever.
Thanks to the Canadians who have paved the way before me.

I decided to organize my facebook chat and newsfeed into groups. Anyone I added into the group "family" was sent a request to add me as a family member without me knowing it. Thats super awkward because I put a lot of people in that group who aren't really my family. "Oh hi, Janeen wants to be apart of your family so please add her and describe your relationship to her with either daughter.. sister.. niece even though she is none of the above..... etc" You get the point. So peoples. Be careful who you add to the group family because they will find out.

I decided once again to exercise regularly as my new years resolution. It's already Jan 12 and I haven't even moved a muscle yet. Fail already.. terrible. So what do I do? I register for a 10km race on the weekend. I'm going to die. Talk about over compensating... if I never blog again after this weekend you will know how I died. 

This semester has given me a whole new perspective on the poor student feeling.
Poor student. Poor me.

I'm not a morning person. I don't know how I did it last summer. I actually woke up at six almost every day last summer. Even my days off I was awake by 7:30 or 8:00. What the heck. I can't even hardly get myself out of bed by 7:30 anymore. And when I do get up, I have to spend five minutes holding my eyes open or else I will fall asleep getting ready for school.

I have a baby crush on my microbiology teacher. He's Spanish and handsome and strict and without saying a word he stares deep into your soul and penetrates his silent eyes into the corners of your brain hypnotizing you into working harder than you ever have in your life. He also occasionally drives a motorized scooter to school. Not a moped. Like a stand-on scooter. Yeah. One of those. Helmet and all.
He is also the owner of the best pizza place in the valley. Part time heart throbber micro teacher part time pizza dough flipper. Now that's a real man, I tell ya.

Okay so that was over the top.
Here we go again. Another thing I learned.
Sometimes I do that. Take things one step too far.

I'm taking this class called Art Appreciation. Ask me about it tomorrow and I will tell you a story.

I'm super tired so I'm going to bed.


  1. Hahaha.. that family thing on facebook cracked me up.

  2. I love this! Cute blog!



search the blog