5.26.2010

this.is.where

I am sure I will be posting much about Waterton in the near future, but this post isn't about Waterton even though these pictures are taken in Waterton. No, I didn't take them because I think I am a photographer because clearly (cringe) I am not, nor am I trying to be. They are not scenic pictures or fun pictures.


This first one is some rocks. I took the picture from across the street. You probably wouldn't be able to find them even if you tried. They look like all of the other rocks in Waterton, but they aren't.
This is where I learned to climb. This is where I learned the brilliance of spontaneity.  This is where I learned to trust.

 This second is just the water. It looks different than last time, of course. It's raining now, and its May. But for the record, its still the same.
This is where I learned to jump and fly and hold on tight. 

 Picture number three is a close up of picture number one, but I am capturing a completely different setting. Notice the clearing just above the center of the rocks between the two trees. This is the place I remember.
This is where I should have learned that it is okay. This is where I should have learned to use my instincts. Instead, this is where I learned that sometimes if you hold back, you regret it later. This is where I learned that time is of the essence. Enough negativity now. This is where I began to discover Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

search the blog