6.30.2010

five girls.



"A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand."
- Kahlil Gibran

In the little town of Cardston, five girls exist.. Each girl is incredibly different, and somehow these girls ended up together. They called themselves the tifuls. BeauTifuls that is.



There is Jane. That's me. I sometimes think I am not so much a good influence on my best friends. Sometimes I am not nice enough, and sometimes I am not there for them when they need it. Sometimes I disappear off the face of the planet when I am preoccupied with a boy, or a project, or even myself. I am sorry. I love you all and truly I don't know where I would be without the four of you there helping me and embracing life with me the past few years. The thought of all of us going our separate ways this fall makes me want to cry. I will miss you all so much.

There is Kate. I just love you. I am so happy we live together again. Even though we don't spend every second together here, I love that we don't. I love that you are here, and I know that, and I am here and I hope you know that. You are the best room mate. I am so happy we are both going to BYU and are going to stay friends. I love that you sleep right on top of me every single night. I love that I can tell you anything, and I  know it will truly stay between the two of us. I love that we can smile through all the chaos of life in Waterton and love it here no matter what. I love that we both didn't go to math for all of January. Thank you for being so trusting, and so brave, and so wise. 





There is Michelle. You are such a doll. You are the best friend anyone could ask for. I love how you are willing to help out with ANYTHING.. including cleaning bedrooms, any sort of project, and studying for tests. You are always there when I need to cry, and seriously understand anything and everything I go through. You always say the right things, and are the best little spoon. Speaking of spoons, I know a certain jar I am ready to update. I am so happy you could graduate with me and I'm sorry if I ever doubted you. July 22. I hope you are ready. That is the official day you know. hahaha

Karlee. Karlee-fry. Do you remember studying for Bio together? We learned so much.. hahah I loved watching Gossip Girls with you during exam week and the start of the second semester. Thank you for always being such a good example and keeping all the rest of us in line.. until you started being the crazy adventurous one and now are always looking for something fun to do. :) Thank you for joining me on all my Lethbridge excursions last winter and for always wanting to hang out. Thank you for being such a great Laurels President. You are fabulous you know. Your testimony is incredible, and you are seriously the biggest sweetheart ever. Thank you for being the first of us to have a missionary out, and being so strong and showing us what to do. I am so happy we will be living a couple buildings away from each other so maybe you can occasionally make sure I am alive and still passing school. :)



Steph. Oh dear. You may or may not be my best friend.. :) I love you. I love that we are always so different, and always have been, and always will be. I love that whenever I would cry around you you would say, "I'm sorry Jane. I don't know what to say...I am the worst at giving advice.." but I knew that was your way of telling me you were there for me.. well maybe. If not, I thought you were. I love how honest you are. Really, sometimes it is painfully honest, but I do appreciate it. I love how you are always so secretive. Always texting.. usually smiling about it.. but never really tell anyone whats going on. You are so quiet about your life, and remind me that the whole world doesn't need to know everything about my life. Thanks for complementing me so much and for driving 23 hours on a greyhound bus so we could go meet Daniel and Sam. By the way, you are coming with me in my suitcase and we are going to visit them. Jus sayin.


Let's be best friends forever, okay?





1 comment:

  1. <3! That's all I have to say.<3 and I may or may not have teared up reading this. I love you all soo so much!

    ReplyDelete

search the blog