4.05.2011

Baby, it's fact.

Unoriginality. Makes me cringe.
I know there are so many ideas in the world, but I just know that it isn't just a coincidence.. EVERY time.....
Is it to difficult to admit that you weren't the one who came up with the idea?
"Oh hey! So and so did this, and I think I'm going to do that as well! It seems like something I would really like..".. instead of..
"I have the best idea ever!... I'm going to this. Aren't I so brilliant for coming up with that?"
Seriously.
I know I should just get over it, but it is just too common to just not care. If it happened oh maybe once or twice a week instead of once or twice a day, maybe I'd handle things better.
I suppose getting easily frustrated is one of my weaknesses.
I'm working on it, honest.
BUT SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Quit taking credit for things that aren't your idea.
It all comes down to being someone you aren't.
Don't make decisions in life based on what other people choose.
Especially the big decisions!
I'm not saying you have to make sure no one has ever done anything before you did it.
That's impossible. Everyone is the person they are based on the influences of everyone else they have interacted with in their lives.

But for the love. Don't look at someone and think to yourself, "Hm. I like their life. I'm going to copy it."
Seriously. Because if you do, you are going to be very unhappy someday.
I'm not saying be different than everyone else.

Just do what YOU want. Be friends with the people YOU choose to be friends with. Go to school where YOU want to go to school. Be what YOU want to be. Love whomever YOU love. Successful people are only successful because they follow their OWN heart and their OWN dreams, not YOURS.

ask for source.

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy." - John Mason

2 comments:

  1. I am so there with you girl, obviously we all do things, that someone else would have done at some point sometimes!! I've always been this way, I may not be completely original, but I'll always be 'ME' if that makes sense, I truely believe in being yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are definitely all guilty of this at least one point in our life. Everyday actually! Ha. I think it just matters more when it makes you appear to be a certain way you are not. Or it makes you look like you're more clever than you are. What gets me the most is when people repeat popular words without even understanding the meaning or using it in proper context. Like, "She was wearing the coolest jacket, I wanted it so bad! Like literally!" That doesn't even make sense. Or, "That ice cream cone is legit. Her hair is legit. I want a legit car. I am super legit!" No, no. Just no. haha.

    ReplyDelete

search the blog