9.08.2010

i like it here.

I know coming here was the right decision. I've wondered for a while. A lot of people think I am wasting my time because there is a very big possibility my stay here is temporary. Anyway, I don't think I am wasting my time. For so many reasons, this is where I need to be.

because I need to learn how to be okay, far away from those people I have relied on so much for so long.
because I need to understand just what our high school teachers meant when they said they were spoon feeding us. They seriously weren't kidding
because I need to make some new friends, and maintain old friendships
because I need to learn how to become a better person, and someday a good wife, and eventually a mother
because my testimony needs strengthening, and being surrounded by such amazing people is seriously helping so much
because I am so naive, and this is eye opening
because I am so much more appreciating those people who have made such a difference in my every day life
because I am learning about having a calling, and I am going to learn to love that
because someday I am going to have to say goodbye to such close friends for good, and so I suppose this is a good trial run..
because I am a terrible cook, and it is about time I learn how to cook
because I am not very social sometimes, and BYU is helping me figure out how to crawl out of my shell
because I want to write, and my writing professor is going to make sure that happens

I think this place has potential. Maybe not the sort of potential that I expected, but I am happy here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

search the blog