11.10.2010

I'm afraid I love this sort of thing.


Okay, I really love doing things like this as you can see from my October Challenge. I stole this from Kiara, who stole it from Ranae, who stole it from I don't even know. 

Day 1-Self portrait picture, and 15 interesting facts
Day 2- Something that stresses you out
Day 3-Your siblings and parents
Day 4- Something you're looking forward to
Day 5- pictures of things that make you happy
Day 6 — A song that makes you cry {or nearly and why}
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9- Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-Some pictures you love
Day 15-Pictures of your Dream house

Day One

Well. There I am. I don't usually post pictures of myself on here. Probably mostly because I dropped my camera in the sand in Florida so I don't really take pictures of my every day life. It's just not a common occurrence. I do, however, have many photos from my graduation last June, so I suppose this is as good of a self-portrait that the blog is gonna get.

Facts. Interesting? I suppose that is for you to decide.
  1. I like to take really long showers. I have a hard time convincing myself to get out of the shower. I can shower fast if necessary, but I prefer to just stand under the hot water for as long as possible. Right before I get out of the shower, I turn the water just about too hot for the last thirty seconds. It's the best. Do it if you haven't before.
  2. I am the biggest creep. It's embarrassing. I follow about forty blogs regularly and my facebook creeping is almost getting to become a problem. I finally talked myself into deleting some friends (please don't take offense) because I would find myself looking through pictures of people I hardly even know and I decided something needed to change. 
  3. I love love love finding out that people read my blog. It is always such a surprise to get a facebook message from someone letting me know that they enjoyed a post, or to receive a comment from someone. I seriously love it! So please! Blog-stalk away and comment away and tellll me about it because I love knowing people actually care about what I say. I honestly forget someones that people read my blog so sometimes I get a little bit embarrassed about how many things I actually write, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I am who I am, and I love my blog!
  4. I have such the best friends. Steph, Kate, Karlee, and Michelle. I absolutely love them. We don't spend as much time together anymore because we have sort of travelled our own ways but I just know we will always be best friends. So, right now, no one in the world can make me laugh harder than Sydnee Durfey. She is absolutely hilarious. Combine an evening with her and Spring Pierson and you have certainly got yourself in for a great evening. The nights us three spend together are my absolute favorite, and I think it is safe to say these two girls are easily my best friends right now. I would hang out with them every single day if I could. I also think that these two girls, in some ways, know me better than anyone else. I so appreciate them in my life and can't wait for another adventure?
  5. One of my hugest pet peeves is people not being themselves. I understand how important it is to look up to people and to follow examples, but there is a difference between following examples and actually pretending to be someone else. Like, honestly? If you see someone else doing something and then you decide you want to do that too, thats fine, but please don't act like you came up with it on your own and deny that you have ever seen someone else do it before. Seriously. It's so annoying. YES. We notice. Sure, we are all guilty of copying people to a degree. It is impossible not to because there are so many ways in this world to be original, but please! It is getting ridiculous! Don't take credit for others' ideas, and don't try and act like another person! It truly is possible to come up with your own ideas, and admitting to not coming up with something brilliant yourself is truly okay. Nobody expects you to be so brilliant all the time. As you can see, it really gets me riled up. Probably even to much so I apologize if I have offended anyone or come across as being judgmental or hateful in any sort of way. I am sure I am guilty of this without even realizing it but it is just something that has eaten away at me for a long time. I will quit before I start pointing out examples. Kind of alongside this, I can' t stand when people say things to make themselves look better when these things aren't true. I guess everyone is guilty of it, but when I hear of people who make their lives sound so interesting when I know for a fact that the people they talk about and the things they say they've done aren't in fact true, it makes me want to claw my eyes out. Okay not really, but seriously people. STOP IT!
  6. I got mocked all the time for being a suck up and a teacher's pet in high school. To be honest, I didn't even care. I was so proud of succeeding, and if you know the teachers here, you know that they won't award a student just because they like them. They award students for working hard and doing what they can to succeed. I was really proud of how I did in all my classes. If one more person says I didn't deserve my 95% I think I might have a hissy fit. I worked my butt off and deserved every single percent. I'm not bragging or trying to show off, but I pretty much can guarantee that no one else was re-writing essays that weren't even assigned up until the night before the diploma. That wasn't sucking up. That was just because I seriously just liked succeeding in something I do well. Who doesn't?
  7. I have a lot to say about a lot of things, if you haven't noticed. Probably too much.
  8. I have a CTR ring that I alternate between wearing on my ring finger on my left hand and right hand. Don't ask me why because I won't tell you, because I don't really understand it. I kind of, subconsciously change it from hand to hand. Today, its on my left. And no, I'm not pretending to be engaged or anything ridiculous. It just fits there.
  9. I have a whole bunch of blog posts written that I have never published, and I never will.
  10. Plain Jane was my first blog, and don't try and find it because you won't be able to read it. Sometimes I go read old posts and they are a little bit embarrassing, but I guess I never failed to write just exactly what I was thinking. 
  11. I've kissed six boys and I can honestly that each one of them has been my "crush" at one point or another in life. I suppose some have happened a little bit more casually than others, but they are still all boys that I know well, or at least I have in the past, and that I truly care about. I don't intend to kiss another boy for a very, very long time.
  12. I often have extremely vivid dreams at night. I seem to always remember them as well. The other night I had a dream that I hacked into someone's facebook account and the entire time I didn't want to see their messages or who was talking to them on chat so I kept trying to get myself to stop but I just kept snooping. I closed my eyes and tried not to read but I still somehow read every word. Even though it was just a dream, I still feel guilty and slightly resentful of what the people were saying.
  13. I'm super sensitive. I kind of feel things alongside other people. I hate when people are hurting. Even people who don't actually exist. I cry in movies all the time. The first time I cried in a movie I think I was maybe 7 or 8. Stuart Little. You know? When the cat tells Stuart that the family is off celebrating because he is gone and Stuart walks away with his head down? I felt so bad for him. I don't even like mice. Infact, I fear mice. 
  14. I hate when people have the wrong idea about me. I try so hard not to care what other people think, but I really do. I can't stand when people hear things about me that aren't true, or when people twist things I say and it ends up offending someone. Sure, I am guilty of offending people and other things. I'm not perfect, but knowing that people are talking poorly about me is a sure way to ruin my day. The worst is when its people who really don't know me or know some of the things I have gone through, and then they decide that they understand a certain part of my life and choose to assume the worst. It's so frustrating. But I guess that's life?
  15. I don't have an appetite. I never really feel hungry. I just eat when I know I should eat. Sometimes an entire day will pass and sometime in the evening I'll remember that I haven't eaten anything yet. It's horrible, I know. Also, I never really get full. If there is food around that I like I can eat and eat and it hardly makes a difference. It's like my stomach isn't connected to my brain or something. 
Okay well, there you have fifteen facts about me. Sorry they were so long and that I have so much to say, but I guess you didn't have to read them if you didn't want to. =)






1 comment:

  1. Janeen Dittman...just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing writer, beyond amazing. I love your blog. :)
    love, Kate

    ReplyDelete

search the blog