10.02.2010

Day 2

Dear Crush,


It's hard for me to write this, wondering who else is going to see. It's hard to try and tell you what I want to with the fear that someone might figure out who you are. I know you won't, because you haven't yet, and I don't think you care to. Which is fine. What is it about a crush that instinctively means secrecy? Is rooted from fear? Fear of rejection, or failure? None of that seems right, because with you as a friend in my life, I have never felt rejected, or like a failure. I believe a crush is someone who lights a flame inside your soul. The flame doesn't grow or turn into a fire of love, but it never dies either. It is content to remain just a flame, because that is all it is supposed to be. From the moment I met you, I felt special. At first, I always tried hard to impress you. As time passed, I realized that just being simply myself impressed you enough. You saw something in me that others didn't. I didn't have to do anything extra special. You are the person who made me squirm with butterflies the first time you smiled at me. You are the person who helped me find out the difference between good, better, and best. You gave me a reason to want to get out of bed in the morning when life was hard. You forgave me for making mistakes, and showed me how to keep from making them again. Your testimony strengthened mine, and your constant concern for my well being made me feel important. Your friendship will never burn out. Thank you, for never giving up on me. Thank you, for reaching out when no one else would. Thank you, for genuinely wanting to be apart of my life. Thank you for being the flickering flame inside my soul.


With love, 
Simply Jane

1 comment:

search the blog